Documents Required During The Proceedings
Please read this list thoroughly and start gathering as many of these documents as you can. Many of the documents may be necessary in the immediate future and it may take some time to obtain them. A complete picture of the assets and income of both spouses is absolutely necessary. Documents contain significant information and documents requested below, you will save time and money. You will also help us in the preparation of pleadings and documents required in your case. In addition, possession of these documents will help in preventing your spouse from dissipating or secreting any assets.
Please make a list of the documents that you cannot get and mail the list to us as soon as possible. We will then attempt to help you get them.
Gather the following documents and forward same to our office at your earliest convenience:
- Income Tax Returns. Completed personal, corporate, partnership, joint venture, or other income tax returns, state and federal, including W-2, 1009, and K-1 forms, in your possession or control from the start of the marriage.
- Income Information. Current income information, including payroll stubs and all other evidence of income since the filing of your last tax return.
- Personal Property Tax Returns filed in this state or anywhere else from the start of the marriage.
- Banking Information. All monthly bank statements, passbooks, check registers, deposit slips, canceled checks, and bank charge notices on personal and business accounts, certificates of deposit, and money market and retirement accounts from banks , savings and loan institutions, credit unions, or other institutions in which you or your spouse has an interest.
- Financial Statements submitted to banks, lending institutions, or any other persons or entities, which were prepared by you or your spouse at any time during the last five (5) years.
- Any Loan Application made within the last five (5) years.
- Brokerage Statements. Monthly statements from all accounts of securities and/or commodities dealers or mutual funds maintained by you or your spouse during the marriage, and held individually, jointly, or as a trustee or guardian.
- Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds. Certificates, if available, of accounts owned by either spouse during the marriage or pre-owned by you.
- Stock Options. All records pertaining to stock options held in any corporation or other entity, exercised or not exercised.
- Pension, Profit Sharing, Deferred Compensation Agreement, and Retirement Plans or any other kind of plan owned by you or by any corporation in which you or your spouse has been a participant during the marriage, including annual statements.
- Wills and Trust Agreements executed by you or in which you have a present or contingent interest or in which you are a beneficiary, trustee, executor, or guardian and from which benefits have been received, are being received, or will be received and which are or were in existence during the past five (5) years, including inter vivos trust. All records of declaration of trust and minute books for all trusts to which you are a party, including the certificates, if any, showing such interest and copies of all statements, receipts, disbursements, investments, and any other transactions.
- Life Insurance or certificate of life insurance policies no in existence, insuring your life, the life of your spouse, or the life of your children, and statements of the cash value, if available.
- General Insurance. Copies of insurance policies, including, but not limited to, annuities, health, accident, casualty, motor vehicles of any kind, property liability, including contents and insurance owned by the parties during the past five (5) years of the marriage.
- Outstanding Debts. Documents reflecting all debts owed to you or by you, secured or unsecured, including personal loans, credit card statements, and lawsuits pending or previously filed in candy court.
- Business Records or ledgers in your possession and control that are either personal or business-related, together with all accounts and journals.
- Real Property. Any deeds of property in which you or your spouse has an interest together with evidence of all contributions, in cash or otherwise, made by you or on your behalf, toward the acquisition of such real estate during the marriage or thereafter.
- Sale and Option Agreements on any real estate owned by you either individually, through another person or entity, jointly, or as trustee or guardian.
- Personal Property. Documents, invoices, contracts, insurance policies, and appraisals on all personal property, including furniture, fixtures, furnishings, equipment, antiques, and any type of collections, owned by you individually, jointly, as a trustee or guardian, or through any other person or entity during the term of the marriage.
- Motor Vehicles. All financing agreements and titles to all motor vehicles owned by you, individually or jointly, at any time during the last five (5) years, including airplanes, boats, automobiles, or any other types of motor vehicles.
- Corporate Interests. All records showing any kind of personal interest in any corporation (foreign or domestic) or any other entities not evidenced by certificate or other instrument.
- Partnership and Joint Venture Agreements to which you have been a party during the marriage.
- Employment Records during the term of the marriage, showing evidence of wages, salaries, bonuses, commissions, raises, promotions, expense accounts, and other benefits or deductions of any kind. All records showing any fringe benefits available to you or your spouse from any business entity including, without limitation, auto, travel, entertainment, educational, and personal living expenses.
- Employment contracts under which you or your spouse have performed services during the past three (3) years, including a list of description of any oral contracts.
- Charge Account statements for the past three (3) years.
- Membership cards or documents identifying participation rights in any country clubs, key clubs, private clubs, associations, or fraternal group organizations during the past three (3) years of marriage, together with all monthly statements.
- Judgments and pleadings in which you have been a party to, either as Plaintiff or Defendant, during the marriage.
- Medical bills, prescriptions, evaluation reports, or diagnoses for psychiatric treatment received during the last five (5) years.
- Appraisals of any asset owned by you for the past five (5) years.
- Safe Deposit Boxes. A list of contents as well as the people authorized to enter.